Mr. Mick and the Clare & Gilbert Valleys Council are proud to host the 22nd annual SA Masters Games, and Clare’s second Games.
The Games will be held Friday the 24th March to Monday the 27th March 2017 with some events outside these dates. Four fun filled days of sport, events, functions in and around the Clare Valley.
The Mr. Mick Games Hub will be located on the top level of The Valleys Lifestyle Centre, 180 Main North Road in Clare and is central to all venues throughout the games. The Games Hub will host the registration site for athletes to sign and collect their Athlete Pack.
The opening ceremony and street party will include the ‘Masters Mile’ and an athlete march with activities to kick off from 5.30pm. Athletes will be required to assemble at The Valleys at 5pm.
The only prerequisite to compete in the Mr. Mick Clare SA Masters Games is that you are over the minimum age for your chosen sport and you can compete in as many different sports as you wish.
The focus of the Games is on fun, friendly competition and to enjoy all the local area has to offer.
The Clare Valley will play host to a number of social events across the four day event, beginning with the Opening Ceremony and Street Party which will highlight the culture of gourmet produce that is readily available in the Clare Valley. Check out our Social Calendar for more details.
Games merchandise is now available to purchase on line or at the Games Hub.
Registration Expo Open Times:
The Games Hub
Wednesday: 4pm – 6pm
Thursday: 12pm – 7pm
Friday: 7am – 5pm
The Farm Shed, Kadina
Saturday: 7am – 10am
Conditions of Entry:
Closing Date for Entries is 5pm March 10th 2017. Late entries may be accepted by some sports but will incur a $20 late games entry fee per person.
- Entry forms: Participants must complete a games entry form along with payment. Team organiser must also fill out the team entry form.
- Entry Fee: $50 (GST inclusive) compulsory entry fee covers administration, event management, medals, certificate and souvenir bags. Late entry fee is $20.00
- Sports Levy: Sports Levies are set by the individual sports and vary from sport to sport.
- Team Sports: Each team organiser must complete the team entry form and each team member must complete the games entry form.
- Age Limit: Competitors must turn the minimum age for their chosen sport by 31st December 2016. The minimum age for competitors varies from sport to sport. However, where the minimum age for the sport is 30 years or below, participants will be required to have turned the minimum age AT THE TIME OF THE GAMES. Proof of age will be required at registration by all competitors by means of photo ID. Competitors may choose to compete against athletes in a younger age category, but not against an older age category.
- Insurance: It is recommended that all competitors secure and are covered by personal medical insurance, or have secured and are covered by appropriate health cover prior to competing in the Games. Some sports may require additional insurance, specific to their sport. See individual sport for more information.
- Accompanying persons/non playing officials: Accompanying persons/non playing officials may pay their games entry fee of $40.00 to receive all benefits available to competing athletes. However, medals will not be awarded.
- Refund Policy: A refund, less $10 administration fee, will be given, up to and including 1st March 2016. Refunds after the closing date will be sent at the discretion of the Organising Committee. All requests for refunds must be in writing.
- Games Schedule: The sports coordinators reserve the right to cancel or vary the length and type of competition if numbers do not allow the original program to be followed.